Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The "eyes" have it...

Mark Shultz wrote a song, it is called "Running just to catch myself " right now that is the story of my life, and the lives of those around me. We have been running and running and sometimes it feels as if we are running in circles... or at least painting in circles. ;) Yes, we have been painting an awful lot! But through all this painting I have learned two things:


1. Make sure paint can lids are tightly secured before tipping paint can over...


2. Do not wear contacts while painting ceilings without wearing the proper eye protection, or this might happen to you. Little droplets of paint all over your contacts.

A big "Thank You" to Mom who finished painting the ceilings for me!

Well, I was kind of posting this as an excuse for why I haven't had time to blog lately, but hopefully it will also motivate me to blog more with updates on the house and such. So, goodbye for now and I hope it will not be as long between posts next time... ;)

Oh, and here is a sneak peek of our new kitchen cabinets being safely delivered to there new abode.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Naomi Joy said...

Oh my goodness Elise! Those are really your contacts? That must have hurt awfully bad.

Yes, please blog more about the house - your public wants to see!

Elise said...

Actually Naomi, it didn't hurt a bit the contacts actually protected my eyes. It did ruin a pair of contacts though... and my vision was a little blurry. ;)

Trina said...

Jesse was looking over my shoulder (well, technically, he was under my elbow) when I read this post in google reader - I asked him who that was, and he said without a moments hesitation - 'Lise!'

Christine said...

That has to be the coolest shot I've seen in a while... glad it only screwed up your contacts and not your eyes :)

Joanna said...

I must say Elise that the picture is one of the coolest paint speckled pictures I have ever seen :)

Colin said...

Hey! Looks like we're both back to bloggin... Sorta. I only wrote like two sentences.
Not to sound like a follower, but that pic is pretty amazing! I think it looks cooler than it did in person!!

Abbey said...

Did you see spots?lol. I would love to see more of the house! If you can find time that is!lol