Monday, March 29, 2010

Our Next Step....?

All right peoples I suppose that I have neglected you long enough, it has been forever since I have really given you any updates on what is happening in my life and since I haven't blogged much else either I wonder if any one still looks to see if I have posted anything :)

The biggest reason for the silence on the blog is just because I didn't know what to say because I simply didn't know myself, I would say that is a pretty good reason, you know the old saying "If you don't have anything worth saying then don't say anything at all" :) As many of you know Curtiss and I have been looking for someplace for him to work since we got back from Romania last June. We have gotten by with him doing odd jobs and him working as a lift attendant at our local ski resort over the winter. But we all know that spring follows winter and spring is definitely here so his work at the resort is now over. And that leaves us with the question -What next???- Over the winter we have had what I will call a couple of "close calls" where we were in a way holding our breath to see if we would get a job or not. This last Friday we had our most recent breath holding time ended when we found out that the job we had applied for was being filled by another applicant, so we are back at square one so to speak and with me getting ever closer to my due date, seven weeks come Wednesday :) :) :) and because we can't afford to pay rent when we don't have income coming in on a regular basis Curtiss and I are going to have to move. Over the last several month (ok, years:) my prayer has been that the Lord give us clear answers as to what he wants us to do for our next step, and the Lord has faithfully been doing that. Every time we have come to a crossroads we have gotten our next marching orders. I must admit that I would usually like to know much sooner what those marching orders are going to be and I definitely want more information, sometimes it seems like he has us taking REALLY, REALLY small steps but we do know what our next step is and for that I praise him.

So you are probably wondering what is their next step? well right now it is moving back in with my in-laws, they have been so good to us and I am so thankful for the relationship we have with them that makes a step like this possible and one that I don't at all dread, in fact with a baby coming it is in a way a relief because I don't have to wonder about finding help and getting meals for Curtiss and myself when Jimmy makes his appearance. Yes, I must admit it I am a lazy bum and like being pampered, which I for sure will be and I will have all the yummy food that I could ever eat (food and I are VERY good friends :) What happens after this? I have no idea... but I know that we are going to eventually know what that will be and some day we will know we will know the step after that.... and on and on it will go until one day we will have all our questions answered and we will see Jesus face to face.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. ~ Psalm 37:23-25

5 comments:

Trina said...

Oh, this is just so beautiful - worth waiting for! :) I love how simply you express how you are waiting on the Lord - such an inspiration.

And you are not lazy, at all - you are working very hard on the most amazing accomplishment a woman can ever boast. And it is also not wrong to enjoy the help of family in this season - that's the way God designed to to work!

Can't wait to see you. I've got a bunch of maternity clothes for you and 'Jimmy' for your last 7 weeks. :)

Naomi Joy said...

Well put! Isn't it funny. . . I used to think if I would just be married, then the whole "what comes next" mysteries would be over. HA HA!

I'm praying for you guys as you get ready for your little one!

Anonymous said...

Totaly understand where you are coming from. We have been there the past 3 years.How I long for a place of my own.But as it is God has us here with my family.Stephen does have a job, for that we can be thankful.I will be thinking of you. :)

Elise said...

I love how you put this so simply and clearly... Daily walking faithfully is what will bring us to the next steps in life. And the verse hits it right on the mark. So cool! Love this post! <3

Abbey said...

Praying for you guys!