Tuesday, May 11, 2010

wait and trust... my thoughts...

"Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He will strengthen your heart:
Wait, I say, on the Lord."
~ Psalm 27:14 ~

I have discovered that a lot of life is spent waiting. When you are young you have to wait your turn to jump rope or play a game... As you grow older you have to start waiting for more important things, which also means it gets harder to wait for them. Life seems to go very quickly from waiting your turn to climb on the teeter-totter, to waiting to see who God is going to put on with you, to join you on life's big teeter-totter. And on this see-saw you spend a lot of time waiting. Waiting for a job, a closing on a house, or for a doctors diagnoses. How well do we trust during these times of waiting? I know I flounder... I know I have doubts... I know I have times when I say, " I don't want to wait anymore, somethin's gotta give!" It is at times like this that I read the Psalms and God gives me the above verse to read. How awesome is it that out of all the thousands of verses in the Bible, He leads us to the one that speaks to us at the exact time we needed it. So, to all of you that are in a season for waiting, "...be of good courage, and He will strengthen your heart, wait, I say, Wait on the Lord."
just wait.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Post Elise!! Couldn't have said it better myself.Now that I am married I thought the waiting would be over.But it isn't.You are so right the waiting just gets longer and more difficult.But God is faithful to give us what we need.Like for me this post.Thank you for the reminder. :)

Abbey said...

Thanks for this post Elise!

...and I love your new header! It is so neat!!

Rachel said...

Enjoyed your post, Elise...I know how it is to wait... But God is faithful to bring our heart's desire at just the right time! I find that so amazing!

And I absolutely love the new blog look! It reminds me so much of summer!

Alice said...

Thank you, Elise! Wonderful post!

Colin said...

Hey thanks for sharing this. It speaks to me too... I can sympathize with you.