Wednesday, July 14, 2010

'bout Time

For a post, don't you think? Sometimes I am amazed by how fast time flies, I can't believe it has already been weeks since I posted anything on here, I mean July is already half over before you know it I will be posted pictures of Jimmy's first birthday :) Ok, so maybe we have a few months left to go before that but come Friday he will be 8 weeks old.
I feel like I have left many of you behind in what has been happening in our lives, we have had so many life changes coming all at once that I either haven't had time or haven't been up to keeping you all up to date on what has been happening. Just for a brief overview...

Over the last three months we have:
Started a new job (after looking for almost a year) and because of that we...

Moved to a different state
(a first for me but of course I did plan on moving to Romania so moving to a different state doesn't seem all that big of a thing :)

And had a baby (personally this is what has changed my life more than anything else:)

We have gotten some good looks when we tell people one or two of these things, and if we mention all that we have done over the last year they think it is amazing that we could handle so many things in such an short time and still be able to walk and talk in a somewhat coherent manner ;)
The Lord has been so good to us and we are doing very well. Curtiss is loving his job and we are starting to get some stability in our lives. I don't even remember if I have mentioned what he is doing now, he is working on maintaining oil and gas wells for a small company owned by his uncle. He has about 10 wells that he has to go out and check everyday (except for Sundays) plus some other duties, so his schedule varies and he is doing something different everyday.

And since I haven't posted any in a while here are some pictures for all of you, I took them this afternoon while I was eating lunch and I couldn't decide which ones to post so here are all of them :)
















I will try and post sooner next time, and sometime I do promise to post pictures of our apartment.

7 comments:

Abbey said...

Thanks for the update Joanna! Jimmy Boy is growing so fast!

Jeremy said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. I feel like I miss him and I haven't even met him.

Naomi Joy said...

Oh my goodness, Joanna, he is adorable!!! What a happy guy! It almost seems like I should ask "does he ever cry?" but surely he must. Right?

Joanna said...

I hope that you can meet him sooner rather than later Jeremy!!!!

Naomi, you should just ask his Daddy whether he can cry or not. He is getting better but he seems to cry the most in the evenings when Curtiss is home, at one point Curtiss told me that if it weren't for seeing Jimmy on the weekends during the day he would have a hard time believing me when I said that he was good and happy. But like I said he seems to be getting better at that as he gets older :)

Rachel said...

Jimmy looks like such a happy baby! :)

And btw....ever since I read you post title earlier today I have gone around the whole day humming, "Bout time, bout time..." from the movie ' The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band'....lol

Traci said...

I love the pictures and the smiles!

Alice said...

Oh, he is so cute, Joanna!! I can relate to all the change you guys have been going through lately! Good for you for talking coherently; I don't sometimes - lol!!