Monday, May 5, 2008

Better late then never!

I finally have gotten around to publishing about Rachel G---'s stay with us. First of all we had a blast! We had fun shopping, staying up till past 3 o'clock in the morning, running through the rain to see a water fall... ( As shown in the picture, we are all a bit wet! ) In fact she even wrote a poem about her stay with us;
You think your friends are normal
You think that they're ok
'Til you really get to know them
And they blow your mind away.
Buck teeth in at midnight
They shock you with their smile
Their accents quite amazing
As they grace you with their style.
Late hours are productive
For finding out the truth
Those perfect calm demeanors
Are simply a good ruse.
No, your friends are far from normal
But I think that it's alright
'Cause you never see that side of them
Unless you stay up past midnight.
A Poem By Rachel G.
Anyway, I just wanted to give a big thank you to Rachel for putting up with us for a few days,
(she even said that we didn't scare her tooooo much)
and we hope she can come back sometime soon!


8 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay!!!! An update!!! And what a surprise to see my own face pop up on the screen...lol. You guys didn't scare me away at all...in fact, I started thinking about the next time I might be able to venture your way. (Do you want to hear about the time Jesus saved us from a tornado?) And to see the poem...hilarious!!! Now all you need is a picture to go with it! haha

Alice said...

I have enjoyed your posts, Joanna, but I just want to say that I think it's time Elise put something up.

Joanna said...

Hey Alice! Elise actually has written about half of the posts that are on the blog. We both kind of sign in as each other and help each other with the post so that it does get a little confusing as to who wrote them. I always knew that we were a lot alike but I didn't know that our writing sounded so similar;)

Elise said...

I'm here! Now there is proof that I really do excist on the internet. I will try to use my own username when I post next time, to cut down on the confusion B-)

Jeremy said...

I loved the poem. It's so true.

Olivia Joy said...

I second that Jeremy, I love the poem too!!!!! And Elise I LOVE your picture identity!!! you look so cute!!!

Anja said...

I can totally relate Rachel! I love the poem, when you come over we will have to have a poem reading.

Traci said...

Great poem! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!