Monday, May 5, 2008

Book Worms

Have you ever had an event that you just can't wait for? Well, we have one that really gets us excited... The Ithaca Book Sale! Every May and October we (the girls) climb in the car for a wonderful treat, a chance to find some treasure! The excitement rises as we walk through the door and make a bee line for the old book section. (you don't have to know us very long before you know that we have a great weakness for old books!) It is an amusing scene to see us scan the shelves hunting for our favorite authors. "Oh, look what I found!" can be heard resounding around the building. We are a little bit less noisy as we go over the shelves again at a slower pace to pick up the interesting looking books from "Unknown" authors. Our favorite part about this sale is that it goes on for three weekends, the first weekend start out at $4.50/hardcover and continues going down in price until it is only a dollar for a Wegmans bag full! Another great part is that they don't put all of the books out on the first day, so you can still find really nice books for dirt cheap! We went today, which was $1.50 for a hardcover book, which is a great price considering all of the books that we usually buy are over a hundred years old! Here are some pictures of our finds:
Elise got all of these for $20.00

Now, here are Joanna's. Now, you have to understand Joanna is trying to save all of her penny's for a very important trip. Maybe she can borrow some books from Elise!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What treasures!!! I wish I could have gone!! Can I make reservations to stay at the Holden Hotel for the next book sale so I can ride down with you guys???

Joanna said...

That would be absolutely wonderful!
I think that it's a date;)

Elise said...

Rachel, that sounds like an absolute blast! Maybe we can bring our buck teeth with us! :)

Rachel said...

I'm already looking forward to it!!! I think I need to get a pair too, then I can join in on the fun!!! I mean some people may not call it fun, they may think it's weird. It must be the late hours....brings out the best in you (or the worst) lol