Friday, February 20, 2009

Of Sisters, Tires and Friends

Well, I have had an exciting and interesting week and I thought you might all like to hear about it :)
This last weekend Curtiss took me to a concert in B- NY and after wards we went to my parents house and spent the night and went to church with them the next morning. On our way home Curtiss and I were talking and we decided to go back and get Elise so that she could spend some time with me this last week since she didn't have any dance lessons due to Presidents Day.
We had a great couple of days shopping, skiing and watching chick flicks :) She had to be back home by today so that she could travel with Jeremy and Trina to Lake Placid for the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged to help as a volunteer. Because of Curtiss's work schedule and the weather we decided that the best way time to get her home was on Wednesday. So Curtiss left me the car and we went and met Mom in Hornell and had a good time visiting and having chicken wings. When we got there it was cloudy but the rain that was suppose to come and then change into snow hadn't started yet. But by the time we came out of Wegmans it was snowing quite hard and since I had over an hour to drive I got on my way as fast as I could. I drove for about 15-20 minutes and slid off the road into the median and had some fun sliding around and having my heart beat speed up to a rather fast rate, but I came out of it and got back on the road and thought everything was fine. I was driving along at a slightly slower pace until the car started making a funny thumping noise that got louder and louder and I thought "I better pull over before the car blows up". I got out and walked around the car looking for signs of what might be wrong, everything looked fine until I got to the front tire on the passenger side which was completely and totally flat. I got back in the car and called Mom and Elise since they were my closest help and I knew that they were quickly going in the opposite direction. They then called some good friends of ours and Mr. G- (who was just getting out of work) quickly came to my rescue. Through all of this I had been talking with Curtiss trying to decide what the best way to get me and the car home safely was. Weather was even worse for Curtiss out here (it usually takes him about half an hour to get home and it took him almost an hour that night) After lots of deliberation it was decided that the best and safest way to go was to have me spend the night at the G's house and Curtiss would take Thursday off from work and come out and get me and get the tire fixed. So after leaving the house Wednesday afternoon I finally made it back over 24 hours later. I am now very glad to be back to laundry and dishes and especially welcoming Curtiss home from work:)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow!!!! That sounds pretty exciting! lol. Even though I'd rather not be in that situation! Thank God for Mr. G being willing and so close by! He's a good one to do rescuing! lol.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must have been scary.Isn't it great in the end to see how God took care of you in that. I am glad you made it home safely!!