Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Home: My Bedroom

A very big "hello" to all who read this. It seems like ages since I posted last but it really has been less then a month. In that time we have had Christmas, New Year's, and we have moved into our new home! We don't have Internet in the new house yet, so I am sitting over in the old mostly empty house blogging. It is slightly chillier and sad feeling over here in this old house, it almost feels like it was abandoned, with its few furnishings here and there. Anyway, this post is mostly for my Grandma who has been asking for pictures, so without any more ado here is,
My bedroom
(which is pretty much my bed ;)

As I was flipping through a magazine after Prayer and Praise one night, I came across instructions for a built in bed and bookshelf... I showed it to Dad and he said that we already had the wood that we needed to make it... Green light #1 I got permission from Mrs. G--- to steal (or borrow) her magazine... Green light #2. I also had the perfect window in my room to build a bed around as my bedroom used to be a kitchen. Green light #3. Three green lights... I believe that made it a go. I drew up my own version of the original magazine drawing, (which I scanned in below) Dad did a lot of the actual measurements and stuff... I just knew what I wanted it to look like, he did most of the math. ;) I drove a couple of nails into it, but Dad did most of the hard work, thanks Dad.

Before bed...

Viola, After Bed... and thus you have my bedroom and haven.

I hope to do another post on the house soon, but you never know... My next post will probably be about the kitchen. We are still working on the basement level, Mom and I painted the utility room today. So some of the house is still labeled under construction and thus can't have anything blogged about it as of yet.

I am getting very cold sitting here so I think it is time to sign off. There is something very chilling about sitting in a cold empty house, it almost feels colder then the outdoors... almost. Well, goodbye y'all I am off to warm up.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Alice said...

WOW, Elise! That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color you chose for the wall, too, and that bedspread is beautiful! What are you going to do after the next book sale, though? The shelves are already full.

Abbey said...

I love it Elise!! It just looks so cozy!! You guys did a great job!

Love the new blog look too! I really enjoyed your collage at the top!

btw...love the color of your walls!;)

Trina said...

Elise, you did a fantastic job with your bedroom - i love to peek in whenever I'm there and soak in the lovely color combinations and the beautiful details you designed.

are those the train tracks at Christines?

Joanna said...

Love the new look of the blog Elise,
and of course you know that I love your room :) I still think it would make the perfect setting for the captains bed on a ship in a movie (of course you would have to remove such luxuries as coordinating pillows :) Maybe you and Sarah could get your favorite actor come and play Captain for a day??? :)

Traci said...

What a beautiful bed!

Elise said...

Finally getting around to commenting back to some of you guys... My excuse we haven't had internet but I don't have that excuse anymore. @ Alice, I am going to have a problem fitting too many more books on the shelves, thankfully some of them are only partly filled. ;) @ Trina, yeah those are the train tracks at Christines. Joanna, That sounds like fun, would you be there too??? ;)

Joanna said...

I guess that I could put up with him for a day if it meant that I could spend the day with you and Sarah... of course I reserve the right to pick on both of you about it and to let the certain person know what I think of him if I want to :)