Monday, April 28, 2008

Why, O Why, O Why?

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7,8
Some of you have been asking why I am going to Romania for the summer and I had been at a loss as to how to explain to people that I have never met (and to some that I have;) why I am going. On Sunday Dad used Matthew 7 in his sermon and right away I knew that not only were those verses that I wanted to always keep in mind for myself to remind me why I am going but that they would explain better then I ever could to anyone that might ask.
Now for the why, let me start by telling you that this is not the first time that I have been in Romania, I was there for three weeks last year. Why? you might ask.
Well, my church family supports Chuck and Barb Archer and their son Curtiss as missionaries to Romania. Last summer Dad got a call from Mr Archer saying that their niece Susan was going to be traveling to visit them and they wanted to know if he knew of some one who could
go as a traveling companion for her. You guessed it, I was it.
I could go into more detail about how that all came about but that would take a while. The circumstances that led me to know that that was what the Lord wanted me to do doesn't really apply to why I am going now. Although I highly doubt that I would be going this time if it weren't for my time there before. Because of that opportunity, Curtiss and I became friends.
Now we are both in the ask, seek and knock mode seeking to know the will of God for our lives.
I am going to see what it is like to be there for a longer period of time and I am sure that you will hear more about what we are doing.

(Here is a picture that was taken when I was there last year)
I hope that that answers some of your questions because I still have a lot :)
If any one would like more information about the Archer's work in Romania you can go to their blog and see what they are doing.

3 comments:

Naomi Joy said...

Heh heh heh.

Joanna said...

Naomi I was expecting some word of encouragement and all you can do is laugh? :)

Rachel said...

Hey!!! I was so excited to visit your blog from my own computer! Pretty nifty!!!Im looking forward to keeping an eye on how you guys are doing - especially when you go to Romania, Joanna!!


OH! picture a mouth full of teeth..."Do you want to hear about the time Jesus saved us from a tornado?" LOL! Had a great time at your house!