Friday, July 18, 2008

A Picnic

You all may be wondering when in the world did that happen? after looking at the last post or maybe you are thinking I knew it all along and it sure took them long enough to get around to it but regardless your reaction we all know that God's plan and timing are perfect and Curtiss and I are working in the bounderies of his timing and discovering his plan for us.

Yesterday we went on what I guess you would call a date as last Sunday Curtiss asked me to go some where with him just for fun and I accepted at the time neither of us (especially not me) sure where we would go (not a good idea for just any one as it could get a little dangerous depending on who you go with but completely safe for me at least until Curtiss reads this;)
Eventually it was decided that we would go to the Eastern Europeon headquarters for Precept Ministries as it is a beautiful drive and there were a few questions about the books, that came from there, that we are using for the Bible studies that we are doing. And some where along the way we would stop for a picnic. The headquarters are located near a man made lake a couple hours away from here and so we thought that it would be nice to make it to the lake and eat somewhere where we could see the water. Once we got to the area we started driving around looking for the perfect place for a picnic, do to the fact that there are houses all around the one side and because there aren't very many places to park not even a shoulder on the side of the road we ended up driving most of the way around the lake before finding a little dirt road not heavily used where we could park the car in the ditch and eat in an orchard from which we could see the lake. We got the blanket out and I started getting the sandwich fixing from out of the cooler bag when I suddenly remembered something... we didn't have any bread! kind of an important element for sandwiches. We were suppose to stop somewhere along the way and get some but it had slipped both of our minds so we loaded everything back up in the car and headed back to the nearest village (only about a mile away, if that) as bread is a staple almost anywhere and especially in Romania it wasn't long until we found the little town store and got a loaf of bread then back to the orchard we went. This time we had more success making lunch as we now had all the necessary items and we had a great time sitting on a blanket in the sun eating turkey sandwiches, Lays potato chips, peaches and drinking Coke (at least I was Curtiss already drank his, he had water) a very Romanian meal don't you think? Anyway onto what you all are waiting for. After eating and while we were talking we discovered that both of us weren't going to use the terms boyfriend/girlfriend with out first consulting with or having the other do it first and that neither of us minded if the other did. So there you have it, it's really just that simple.
Precept Ministry headquarters was very nice and when we got there we met some one that the Archers knew who was there taking one of the courses and she needed a ride back to Hunedoara that day. She said that she had been planning on staying there until Friday but that she had gotten a call from her work and she was going to need to go in Friday morning and she had just finished praying asking the Lord how she was going to get home when we walked in the door, which I thought was cool. She was thrilled to meet me and the whole way home she would reach up and rub my arms or play with my hair, which I thought was funny. And that was our day for the most part the rest you will have to come up with on your own as I'm not sharing;) I'll just say it was great and Curtiss is already saying we need to plan our next one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Congratulations!!!The first date is always special to be remembered especially when neither of us dated around as we only have one first date to remember!!Enjoy your courting days!!

Rachel said...

Awww! A picture and everything!!!! I'm having way too much fun sitting in NY and enjoying this!!!!

Jeremy said...

We're having fun sitting in Michigan and enjoying this.

La Brebis Roses said...

I'm having fun sitting in California and enjoying this. ;)

Trina said...

I'm in michigan, too (where else would I be? you go where the blue moose takes you!).

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURE!!!!

me likes pictures. and it's a lovely one. better than the first one, I have to say.
LOL

Elise said...

I still don't know what to say! Other than Curtiss found one of the nicest girls to choose as his girlfriend! And I approve of your choice too, Joanna!

Traci said...

Awww... I love romantic blog posts! What a beautiful picture..

Anja said...

Ahhhhh! I finally have a to a computer for more then five minutes!!
I really enjoyed the picture and the post as well. I haven't been able to keep up with you very much since I haven't had a computer. but I want you to know I have been thinking about you a lot. I think know I will go and spend some time getting caught up on your blog...........

Alice said...

So exciting, Joanna! I am happy for you!