Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Goodbye!

Well as far as I know I am now the only H- in Romania now, yep Dad is on his way back home. Actually he may be in U.S. air now as he left here hours ago. Yesterday was a day of going around so that he could say goodbye to everyone. Sunday night we were invited to Frata Saul and Sora Dora's home for a surprise at noon yesterday and what was our surprise when they had lunch all ready for us;) It was all left overs from the picnic on Saturday and they were just as good the second time! After we finished there we headed for the city of Hateg so that the Archers could get a few gifts to send back to people with Dad and so we had a nice relaxing time of walking the street looking in stores and finishing our time out with ice cream:) Because of the fact that Dad's flight left at 6:00 in the morning and since the airport is three hours away we had to leave in the middle of the night. I wasn't going to go with him because I knew that it would be an all night thing and that I would be kind of dead today and Tuesday's are English class here but the Archer's decided to postpone them until Thursday so I decided to go along and spend a little bit more time with Dad. But between shopping and trying to get a little sleep before leaving we had one more goodbye to make so at about 6:30 we headed over to the F- home and they served us HUGE pieces of cake, several different kind of soda, mineral water and coffee. And because of the fact that I didn't think that I was going with Dad I drank my whole cup of coffee and as it went down so did any hope of sleeping before leaving;) Anyway we had a great time with them and they are all waiting for Dad and any one else to come and visit:)
We left there just after 8:00 and then I decided that I would go along to the airport so we all lay down to try and sleep until midnight. I think that I kind of dozed off for the last hour but I never went into a deep sleep and at about quarter after twelve we all got up and those going had something to eat since we weren't hungry at supper time due to ice cream and cake. So we ate and said our goodbyes to those staying behind and we were off. The trip went very well and we had no delays either going or coming back and due to a couple of stops for caffeinated drinks grogginess never hit. We got to the airport at 4:00 and left at just before 4:30 and made it back to the apartment just after seven. I went to bed at about 8:00 and slept until noon so if this post makes no sense at all that is why:) it is now 9:00 and I think that I should soon hit the hay as you never know when the next adventure will hit and you have to be ready for anything in this life, I speak from expierence:) Anyway if you could all be praying for Dad he hasn't gotten much sleep in the last 24 hours and after he lands he has a six hour trip to drive home before his journey is done and he will be traveling by himself. Hope you all have a great day! Goodnight;)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a very full and long day!! I would have been gulping down any caffeine I could get my hands on! lol

Traci said...

I truly have been reading all your awesome posts, I just have been spending most of my time with my hands occupied by a busy little girl so I haven't been able to comment.. just know that I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to update us all!

Hope of Rahab said...

Im really sorry because your dad lefl :((but the last day was aborable isn't it?love tou both:)