Monday, December 15, 2008

A Work Widow?

That is what someone asked me if I was yesterday in church, "So your a work widow now?"
laughingly I said yes since Curtiss has now started working at Holiday Valley Ski Resort about half an hour from our house. The resort opened the week before Thanksgiving thanks to a big snow storm we had and we have been waiting ever since for "the call" saying "be here on..."
"The call" finally came last week, normally he won't work weekends but his boss called and said "we need someone for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and since I knew you needed the work I thought I'd call and offer it to you" Curtiss said yes because if he hadn't then we wouldn't know when he would be called in and if he said yes then he would (most likely) have steady work for the rest of the winter. So this is my fourth day as a "work widow" How am I coping you may ask???
Very well I'd say since I have managed to stay busy with, organizing and getting out wedding gifts (something I saved for just this purpose:) decorating for Christmas, shopping with Susan and going over and spending the afternoon at her house along with Aunt Margie baking cookies, writing thank you notes (something I have almost finished WHOOHOO!!!) and of course cleaning the house and cooking meals since I am sole care taker now, no sister or mother to help carry the load.
So you might say I have managed to stay busy and I still have more to do which is exciting since I have to stay busy tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and... well you get the idea:)
One of the biggest things on the list is getting ready for Christmas celebrations since my family is coming over and staying for a while (Elise, Isaiah and Nathanael for a whole week! Exciting I know:) Getting ready mostly means figuring out what food I am going to make and baking Christmas cookies, some how that isn't going to be as big a thing for me this year since you just don't need as many cookies for two people as you do for seven or more.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you're staying busy!!! Sounds like so much fun!!! Can't wait til it's my turn!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a work widow.I enjoyed it at first but now it just feels long when he's not around.Hopefully you will enjoy it longer than I did.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.