Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring

Here I am once again sitting in the lodge at our favorite ski resort and I am wondering what to blog about. Ya'll won't know what to do getting a post three days in a row :) It is a bright, beautiful, sunny day here in WNY. This morning as I was loading the car I just enjoyed the feel of the brisk cold air as the sun was coming up over the hill... knowing that it would warm up through the day and become a lovely spring feeling day. I love the spring when you can feel the cold fingers of winter losing their grip, don't get me wrong I love the winter too, beautiful moonlight, snow covered nights when you can curl up on the couch with a blanket and a book. But by the time I get to the last of February, first of March I am ready for warm weather, for green grass and trees, for the first flowers to peek up through the ground. It is such a lovely, hopeful time of year, when everything is new and fresh.
For me this spring means change, it is the first for me being a wife and that for me doesn't just mean a new name and home but a new country and langauge. Intimidating? Yeah, I must admit it is, a little anyway. But I have no doubt that I am where I am supposed to be and that gives a confidence that I wouldn't otherwise have. So as I sit here looking at snow covered slopes and bare trees I can look ahead to the promise and the great "unknown" of spring with complete peace because I have the knowlegde that whatever I have to face in the future and whatever comes my way I don't have to face it alone. I have a father who knows everything from the end to the beginning and not only knows it but planned it himself. And that is the most reassuring of all!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can't wait for spring!!!! (It's been raining here...) And I know that God has His hand in your life. I think it is so amazing that He is in complete control and that He is the Master Planner! It does give such a feeling of reassurance!