Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blogging Hibernation

:: big yawn ::

I feel as if I have just crawled out of a big cave and am now trying to wake up from blogging hibernation. Winter is a time for hibernation for certain creatures, and I suppose I have followed them into a cave. Now that it is so warm out I can't use winter hibernation as an excuse, so I suppose I will just have to find something to blog about.

Enter 2009

2009 entered just like every other year, the clock ticked down to the countdown, and everyone all cheered as we heard twelve strokes. It is now time to remember to write your checks '09 instead of '08 which is always new and weird.

Winter 2009-

Fresh new snow is falling and makes everything look pure and white. Sheets of ice and blankets of snow make beautiful beds for ground and trees alike. Everything looks so clean and new.

Spring 2009
A time for new things to burst through there covering of winter, to make there appearance, to pop there heads up and say hello to sunshine and to blue skies. And of course we can't forget about the lovely brown, smooth, Mud!
Spring somehow always make you want to brighten up your home too. It is a time when you see rugs hanging outside to get rid of the winter dust. New curtains are being made to be hung in the windows. In helping my sister Bethany make new curtains, I realized that just by hanging material on you windows you can give a room a whole new look and feel. When you walk into a room with nice new curtains you can feel at home, warm, and peaceful.
Spring is also a time when you make an appointment with your hairdresser so that she can tame your winter coat. I don't know about you but I was very ready to get my hair cut after long winter months of frizzy uncontrollable hair.

I think that in reading this you will know that I have had a bad case of spring fever. Now don't get me wrong I love winter and all of it's coldness and snowiness. But after months of cold and harsh weather, I was more then ready to feel the soft touch of the suns rays, and to feel a gentle warm breeze. I do believe that when God made the seasons he was giving us a picture of seasons in our lives. Sometimes the winds are going to blow and the cold is going to chill you to the bone. Sometimes life will just seem downright harsh and mean. But then God will give us a season of rest when we can feel the soft sun caress our cheek and we can feel the breeze slowly warm us up. Now that is not to say that there isn't any mud during this time, but God can help us dig through the mud to reveal all the "new" beautiful flowers that are coming in the next season of life.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Alice said...

Hooray!! A post by Elise!! Welcome back.

And your haircut is really really cute!

Christine said...

So good to read your post...welcome back! I miss our late night conversations...very much looking forward to my next visit :)

Love the haircut!

Trina said...

lovley, elise - poetic and true. love the haircut, too! your blog header is really cool, matching your post on 'seasons'
Where is the garden that is pictured? I don't recognize it...

Joanna said...

YEAH!!!! Elise wrote, now I don't feel like the only one blogging around here :)
Loved the post Elise and your hair looks gorgeous!

Rachel said...

I love your hair cut!!! It's so nice to get that extra cut off!!!

I love the colors on the blog! They look so much like spring!!!

Elise said...

Yeah, it feels good to be back in the blogging world everybody. The garden pictures were taken in Ohio at the Elliott's grandparents home, Trina. I took those on "The First Trek of the Blue Moose!" Wow! that brings back many, many, many, memories.
I look forward to many more late-into-the-night conversations with you too Christine! I can't wait till you are back in New York.

Abbey said...

Welcome back,Elise!!! I love the new blog look!! It is so nice and bright! Your hair looks wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Elise, I REALLY like your hair- so beautiful! :) Great post, too...I should follow your example and blog myself! lol Maybe someday soon... ;)

Love you!

Traci said...

I love the hair cut, and those curtains too.

Mrs. Valine said...

You girls all amaze me with your writing ability. I love reading what you write. Your haircut is adorable.