Friday, December 11, 2009

The day my hair turned gray...

Yesterday my hair turned gray,

For a day.

I was over with the boys cleaning the house and the vacuum was not working quite right, so I decided to check and see if the vacuum was full. It was not full, that was not the problem, but the filter looked like it had about 10 lbs. of sheet rock dust ingrained into it. So I promptly took it outside to shake it out. And as everyone knows this little town that we live in is prone to windy days especially in the winter... and yesterday was no exception. The wind was blowing and blowing and blowing, and I even made sure it was blowing away from me. But the next time the boys saw me, they asked what happened, as it looked as if the vacuum had blown up and then sucked everything including me inside it. As I was sitting at the supper table last night, the boys were commenting on how dirty I was, and we were talking about how I had taken the filter out to shake it and that the vacuum was working much better now, and Dad made the comment, "Three accidents happened today on Main St. in O- because of low visibility." For a second I looked at him in shock half believing him, until I remembered what we had been talking about and that the wind had been blowing towards the road, and that there probably were people wondering what in the world the white dusty stuff was pouring out from behind that house.

That was the day my hair turned a whitish sort of gray.





Yesterday was also Dad's birthday, and I would just like to say,

"Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!"


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Abbey said...

HAHAHA!!That is so funny Elise!!!
And Happy Birthday Mr.H!!!(just a day late)

Rachel said...

Abbey took my exact words...ya wouldn't know we were sisters or somethin'! Lol.... At least the gray hair was washed away...not like permanent...that would be bad...have you been under any stress lately!?! Lol.

Naomi Joy said...

Elise, that's really disgusting.

And please tell your dad happy birthday from me and I miss all of you!

Anonymous said...

I know that being away from me is stressful, but really? Isn't this taking it a bit too far? ;)

*guess who...*

Joanna said...

Elise from the looks of this picture you are going to be a beautiful, matronly woman when you turn gray :)