Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chicken Run from the Barbecue!

Wow! It has been a long time since I posted! But, I really haven't had anything exciting to write about though, at least not as exciting as Joanna's experiences! :) Well, I finally had a little something interesting to write about. So here goes nothin': On Thursday I was picked up by my sister to spend a couple of days with her and her husband, and four kids. As always we had a fun exhausting time! On Friday we went to Darien Lake amusement park, this was my second time there this year, the kids had a blast running from one ride to another, to another, to another........ We had our hands full! Esther, she being the youngest is always a handful, let alone when you are at an amusement park with hundreds of people that she could get lost in! :) But despite all of the challenges, we survived our day at Darien Lake! On Saturday evening Jeremy and Trina came to pick me up. They were picking up Trina's brother from the airport, and Bethany's house is near the airport, so they swung by and picked me up. Jordan's flight didn't come in until nine o'clock and it was delayed half an hour, so to kill time we loaded up Bethany and the kids and headed out to play Frisbee golf. Crawling around in thistle bushes looking for lost Frisbees, dodging incoming Frisbee's, running after Esther, and launching Frisbee's as far as you can, pretty much sums up our game last night. :) We had fun though! After the game we said goodbye to all the nieces and nephews, and headed for the airport. We got there early so waited around until finally we saw "Delta" written on the side of one of the incoming planes, and said, "That has got to be him!" Jeremy was by this time hungry, so we discussed where to eat since it was already ten o'clock and all good respectable restaurants were closed. We landed on the perfect place, :: Drumroll please :: " The Dinosaur Bar-b-Que" Yes, the same one the G---'s almost ate at! :) It was ten o'clock on a Saturday night, with people dancing to the live band music, which was blaring through the whole restaurant, motorcycles revving up there engines, the smell of barbecued meat traveling through air... I think you get the picture! :) Well, after having put all of our orders in, we sat there bee-bopping to the music waiting for our food to arrive, when I heard them playing a song that I knew! Aren't you shocked! :0 So, me being me, I started humming along, Trina hearing me leaned over with a shocked expression on her face said, " You know a song they are singing?!?!" Jordan overhearing Trina's question, also asked me the same question. I replied in the affirmative. They were all pretty impressed, UNTIL, I told them where I had heard the song;
As I sat singing along, Trina asked the very important question: "Where did you hear this song?"
"Off a movie." I replied.
She then asked, " What movie?"
" Chicken Run" I replied.
"You did not just say 'Chicken Run'?" came from the other side of the table.
"YEP!" I replied very proudly.
"How many times have you watched that movie anyway?" a question shot out by Jordan.
"Too Many!" I shot back. And so ended my little time of impressing everyone, as small a time as it was it was still fun! :) Maybe next time I know a song that is being played by a live band in a bar, I should just not tell them where I learned the song! :)

5 comments:

Abigail said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

verry funny...joanna tells me more
about you and my ideea is...:)...you are a verry good girl...be bessed




rachel>:D<

Rachel said...

OH MY WORD!!! YOU WENT TO THE DINOSAUR BBQ!!!! That's an absolute riot!!!! And it was the same one we almost went to!! FUNNY!

Traci said...

sooo funny. Did you like the food?

Elise said...

The food was great, but sadly I wasn't very hungry, so I still have the leftover's in the fridge! :(