Thursday, August 7, 2008

All right...

I'll take pitty on you and share a little bit about what we did. We left the apartment this morning just after nine and Curtiss drove to a little side road asked me to get out close my eyes and hold out my hand and he gave me... O the suspence is killing all of you, I can hear you groaning;) binoculars;) and told me to look at a distant hill where there was a small white dot that ended up being a huge cathedral and he said that that was where we would end up, eventually.
First we headed to Hunedoara though to do some computer shopping. A couple of weeks ago Curtiss's laptop died:( and he has been trying to figure out what he is going to do to replace it so that his Dad can take his laptop back to the states in September and Curtiss can have one here too. So we went to get some prices and ended up going into five different stores, got price sheets (which we later lost and have no idea where they are) and had fun walking all around the city stopping for ice cream and soda. After finishing with that we stopped at the grocery store where I sat in the car while Curtiss went and bought lunch (I wasn't to know what we were eating either:) then we headed to the hills. We stopped when we came to a nice little wooded area and Curtiss covered my eyes with his hat and made my sandwich. It was really good, other then being really big, it was perfect (he only had eight pieces of meat and two slices of cheese on a kaiser roll;) After eating we walked in the woods for a little while and then continued on our way. We made it to the church and took a few pictures and then drove on, the scenery was beautiful all along the way and we stopped a few times to take pictures. At the end of the drive we stopped to give the poor little car a rest (it gets kind of over heated going up the hills) and climbed a small hill and took some more pictures. After that we headed back to the apartment. Now you all have to understand I haven't told you half of what happened, only some of the things that we did and you are going to have to be content with that;) It was a wonderful day, and I can't wait until next time!

4 comments:

Naomi Joy said...

Oh boy. Just enough information to make us wish we were hearing more. :-) Heh heh. I'm glad you're having so much fun. Life is great.

Thanks to you, I made 3 pizza crusts yesterday to freeze. It was so easy to mix up all at once and now I will get to skip the mixing the next 3 times I want pizza. What a great recipe that is from you.

Rachel said...

oh my word!!! curtiss is awfully romantic....lol. i wish i was there with you guys....it would be so much fun!!!! anyhow...i wanted to scream "pictures!!! pictures!!!!" since you guys obviously took some!!! lol

Anja said...

I absolutely love how you refuse to tell it all!

Traci said...

Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, imagine that you would ever have masses of blog-fans saying "aww.." over your Romanianian romance, eyes popping out over the idea that he was surprising you with... binoculars? lol. Ok, maybe we're not masses of readers but we certainly do enjoy your updates.