Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Say Cheese!

I have what I would consider very exciting news that I know you will all be highly interested in:)
We found cheese that tastes good all by it's self!!! amazing I know.
All right some of you are saying she's like kidding right? Well, actually I'm not. Some of you may remember sitting in my family's living room the night before Dad and I left for Romania asking questions about how I was feeling and what I was thinking and not getting much info from me, I might add:) And some one asked me this, "Other then people what is the thing that you are going to miss the most while you are gone?" and I replied "Cheese".
Romania isn't very high on the, where to go when you want good dairy products list, in fact it would be close to the bottom.
That being said it isn't surprising that I the person who's idea of a good meal is, a piece of pizza with the cheese oozing off of it or a good lasagna that you have to twist the cheese around and around on your fork before it will break and you can put it into your mouth or maybe some alfredo with some grilled chicken or a cold glass of milk with a plate of spaghetti with cheese sprinkled on top...
All right I have to stop now I am making myself hungry and I think you get the idea why I would miss cheese while staying here. And also why I would be very excited to find a cheese that I can pick up, cut a piece off and eat it with out having to cover the strong flavor up with something else or feeling sick when you smell your hands after touching it. Most of the time that we have cheese here it is in or on something and not by itself, and if you do find something that you are willing to eat by itself (or if it has to be with something) it may be there for a short amount of time and then disappear of the store shelves forever.
I don't what kind it is as it is German made but it tastes good and we enjoy it. Curtiss and I were talking about it the other day and we said that if we were in the states this wouldn't necessarily be our first choice in cheese but we would still eat it there without complaining. And that my friends is saying something considering we have eaten it in Romania:) Life is good;)

Yes, this might be a silly post but I thought that it would be good to tell you a little bit more about life in Romania and not do another "Well, this week we planned this for the wedding..." :)
Things for the wedding are coming along nicely and we on this end are starting preparations for flying home in a couple of weeks, so everyone is busy and doing well and we all look forward to seeing you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for edible cheese in Romania!

Hip-Hip-Hooray!

;)

Traci said...

I personally thought the post was a bit cheesy. I know. That's awful.

Anyhoo, I'm happy for the good cheese discovery. Do they do mostly goat cheeses over there? You'll have to stock up on cheese consumption when you come back for the wedding, lol.

Rachel said...

yay!!!! i think cheese should be a food group all by itself!!! i absolutely adore it! and i remember discussing that with you so i'm awfully glad that you found some to enjoy!!!!

Jeremy said...

So what is the Romanian cheese most like? or is it too hard to identify?

We found some 9 year cheddar while we were in Wisconsin.