Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hello All!!

Hey everyone I'm back! I thought you might all like to know that Curtiss and I had a wonderful three weeks away and now we are safely home and working on getting settled into married life.
We went to stay up in Canada for most of the time we were away, first on a private island that Curtiss's grandparents own and then we stopped in a couple of cities and did some sightseeing and ended our time in a cabin at a campground that my parents are members of near Niagara Falls.
We made some wonderful memories and other then making a few wrong turns (we still some how made it to the right spot eventually), waking up and having the inside of the cabin be 39 degrees or the boat sinking, it went by without mishap.
We got back here Saturday afternoon and went to church on Sunday, yesterday Curtiss and I went to the DMV, Social Security office and the bank so that I could get my name changed on all my important documents. So in the next two weeks I will be getting a new drivers license, SS card and a debit card (to Curtiss's bank account, he told me that now I can wipe him out of funds and take off if I want to. I told him that's exactly why I married him just so that I could get his money and he said that if that was my goal then I shouldn't have married someone in the poorhouse:) All right I'll stop teasing you and tell you about the boat sinking.
The island that we stayed on is in Parry Sound Canada and the only way to get to the island is by boat or plane (we due to the fact that we don't have a plane opted for the boat) When we got there (almost a month ago now) we loaded up the little fishing boat with all our luggage and made it safely to the island, then began the fun job of carrying all our luggage through the woods on a little trail to the cabin. We stayed there for about 10 days and had a great time, yes there were a few times when I felt like I had more clothes on then were left in by suitcase plus blankets but that just added to the fun. The last two days we were there it started storming and we knew that there was going to be water in the boat. So the day before we were suppose to leave Curtiss went to bail out the boat and he had a small surprise, the boat was 3/4 of the way sunk right there at the dock with the waves adding water faster then he could bail it out.
Thankfully the front of the boat hit bottom so that it couldn't sink completely and the water died down enough overnight that he could bail it out the next morning and we aren't still there on the island:) All right this post is longer then I thought it was going to be but I haven't written in a while and I am sure that you all don't mind:) I might post more sometimes with some pictures (if I get the chance, we are quite busy for some reason...)
I don't have pictures of the wedding here with me yet but Trina posted a whole bunch on her blog so go check them out if you haven't already

4 comments:

La Brebis Roses said...

Thanks for the post! The part about the bank account really made me laugh. I really hope I'll be able to see you and meet Curtiss at Christmas. Joel and I will be home for 10 days.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!I have missed your posts the last few months.You must have been busy with other things.How nice that you get to get away for 3 weeks.Stephen and I only had 4 days since Stephen had to start summer school the next week.Hope you write more about your trip!!

Whitney said...

Daniel and I laughed at the part about the boat. We were there the summer before this one and we had such a good time. When we loaded the car, I had my computer and my camera with me and I was TERRIFIED that it would sink with my most valuable possessions with me. Glad y'all had a good time!

Abbey said...

Welcome back Joanna and Curtiss!!!