Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Picture My World

I got enough "GOOD IDEA" comments from everybody that I thought I couldn't let you all down now :) After thinking about it, I decided that the best place to start would be where I live while on this side of the pond :)

THE BLOC
(pronounced bloke)

This is the apartment building where we own a small, three room apartment.
Consisting of:
one living room
one bedroom
one den/family room
a kitchen
bathroom
and hallway connecting it all.


It is about 700 square feet and is considered large for living space here.
In the picture above you can see our porch where the clothes are drying on what we would consider the second floor.


It is the only apartment building in the village and is right in the middle of the town,
it is hard to see from the picture below but the other side of the apartment building is the town park. This spring we got permission from the mayor to care for and spruce it up so that everyone can enjoy it.
In previous years the only time it had the grass cut was when someone wanted it for hay.



The people here have no idea/no desire to care for much of anything that isn't their own
(and all too frequently they don't care for that)
So it is a very different idea for them to see someone picking up and caring for something that if they don't have to.


(Next time I will move inside the building:)

4 comments:

Elise said...

I am so glad that you are going to start doing this. It will be such great fun!

Abbey said...

It was wonderful seeing pictures Joanna!! I'm eagerly waiting for your next post!!:)

Rachel said...

I'm so happy! I get to see where you're living! (especially liked the clothes line on the porch...lol. It makes it look so much like home!)

La Brebis Roses said...

Um...I think my apartment is the same square footage. Actually it might only be 600 square feet. :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of the inside.