Monday, August 3, 2009

The Sky is Falling...

Have you ever heard the story of Chicken Little, Henny Penny and all the others? Well, if you have then I am sure that you know when something drops from the sky it is no light matter. Well, I have my own "Chicken Little" story.

Once upon a time, (a time not much different then our own.) Little Girl waking up from a long nights rest, was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, when suddenly she saw something on her floor that made her gasp.

"What is that?" cried Little Girl.

You see Little Girl wore glasses and therefore without them on she could not see very well. Now Little Girls glasses were not anywhere nearby so she squinted her eyes to see if she could see what was on her floor.

"It looks like I must have broken something last night!" said Little Girl to herself. "I wonder what it could have been? It looks like it was something glass, I don't think I have anything that big in my room... Maybe I was sleep walking and broke one of my lamps." All these thoughts went through Little Girls head. But none of them made any sense...just as she was getting a bit puzzled over what was on her floor she looked up at her ceiling. " Ah-HA, that is what is all over my floor, it is my ceiling!" she said relieved that it wasn't something else.

After climbing out of bed she went running through the house telling everyone that her sky was falling. She told Mother Brother, and Brother Other. Mother Brother went and told Daddy Paddy and they all went to inspect the hole in the ceiling. "The sky really is falling today." said Little Girl and that was all she said. Chicken may have been wrong when she said those famous words, but I think Little Girl was right, don't you?

5 comments:

Joanna said...

BUT where O where is the chest of gold that was pushing Little Girls sky down????

Traci said...

This was just too cute. I was laughing and at the same time holding my hand to my mouth in horror at the condition of your poor ceiling!

Abbey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbey said...

Haha! Oh my! And what caused the ceiling to crumble?!

Elise said...

My ceiling was already cracked because of water damage, and it finally just decided to give out.

lol The pot of gold Joanna??? I do believe that was going to be hidden beneath the other crack in the ceiling, the one where your dresser used to be. ;) So we will just have to wait until that section falls. lol