Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dinner Party (or picnic?)

Tonight was the dinner party,excuse me picnic that the church here held mostly because of Dad being here and leaving in a few days. We weren't suppose to know anything about it but I really don't know how they ever thought that we wouldn't since they talked about it right in front of us several times and we may not understand everything but I know enough food words to know what they are talking about and then I went this morning when they went to get supplies. Sora Aneta had Curtiss drive her to the city of Hateg this morning to meet the pastor of the church here to buy the meat and other things that they would need and if I hadn't already known about it then I would've had to by the end of that since they bought enough food to feed an army and half of the food they didn't need to buy. They got 25 pork chops and at least that many pieces of chicken, ten loaves of bread, several gallons of mineral water and soda and three different kinds of salami for an appetizer. All of this in addition to the twenty pounds of potatoes, two different kinds of cabbage salad (one to eat with the meal the other to have with the appetizer but both some how made it into the main meal) rice pilaf and vegatables that they had. Needless to say we had enough to eat. Thankfully as there was a large group there I kind of hid in the wood word so to speak and so left feeling comfortably full Dad having gotten the brunt of "Frata Mark eat, eat". All in all we had a great time and I think that there are enough left overs to feed all 20 of us atleast one more time. Now I'll tell you about what we are doing tomorrow as I will be too busy to tell you later. We of course will start the day with going to church here in the village and Dad will be speaking again and there will be a few people visiting so that they can see him before he leaves (like the Simions) and then after that we are expected in the city for I believe a dinner at one of the Archers friends home in celebration of a baptism (in case you want to know... Maruis, one of the guys that went last year to the ruins in Deva with us is the one being baptised) We won't be able to make it to the actual baptism because that is happening while we are in church here so we are going to their house afterwards and that will probably last most of the afternoon and then we will head to an evening service in one of the churches that has been instrumental in the Archers being here and from there we will go to another one of their friends homes. So it will be a very full day, but it is better to be busy then board and I don't think that I will have to worry about that while I am here;) I hope that you all have a great rest of the day and that your time in church tomorrow will be blessed.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am laughing sooo hard! I think it's your Dad that we hafta worry about being unrecognizable when he gets home!!!! haha!!! All the food sounds like when we cook for our family....or maybe not! That is a ton of stuff!!!! wow....so fun though!

Anonymous said...

it was a verry nice evening...isn't it?:))Curtiss won't to translate my sentences(just after a while):))he was to funny...just like his Dad
:))I'm waiting FOR you:P...gbu (God Bless yoU) all




rachel:*