Monday, June 16, 2008

Party Time!

Hello everyone! I know it has been a long time since our last update, but we have been a little bit busy. Joanna has been getting ready to leave us, and the rest of us have been partying. The first big party was Olivia's graduation party, followed by the G---'s pool party, and to top it off was our annual dance recital, which is always a blast. Kelly V--- runs "Be a Light" dance studio, and has an annual dance recital in June, and this year Joanna, Isaiah (my twelve year old brother,) and of course myself, were able to dance in two dances. And no it was not ballet, (I am not very partial to ballet) I like more of the Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers type dancing, so we took tap, and had a blast! Here are some pictures of our dances.

Here we are dancing the opening dance. Now, in this picture you will not be able to see us because we are in the back row.

Here is a picture of the flappers, all of the girls in our class. Everyone loved our costumes.

And here is all of us dancing. We were privileged to dance with the only two guys in the whole performance, and everyone loved them!

We don't really look like ourselves, but this a picture of your own dear authors! Just in case you were wondering I am on the left and Joanna is on the right. A lot of people thought we looked like twins.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay!!!! I LOVED the dance recital!!! It was sooo much fun! I got hoarse from cheering so much (didn't help that I had practically lost my voice the day before screaming on the ride of steel!!!) and enjoyed watching the only two guys in the show!!! They did a wonderful job!!!

Alice said...

You all look FABULOUS!! Very very very realistic flappers.

Wish I could have been there! My family gets to see you this week--I can't believe I am going to miss it!

Trina said...

that is a gorgeous picture of you both!!! Thanks for posting the photos in the medium size - looks great!

Traci said...

Looks like so much fun! And I have to say you both make beautiful flappers, lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! I never thought that you looked alike until you posted that last picture. You both look GREAT! I wish I could have seen the dancing. I'm also sad that I won't be there to help see you off, Joanna. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers, and I hope you have a chance to keep us USA people updated on your blog. You are going to have an amazing summer! I'm really excited for you.

Hannah H.

Anonymous said...

We all have been busy partying, haven't we? Wow! I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it all. The dance recital was amazing- I think the bottom picture looks like the two of you.You should use it as your profile picture...I could see you singing and dancing to "sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..." :)

love you both & see you soon!

Abbey said...

You dance was awsome!!The whole recital was awsome!!