Friday, June 27, 2008

My Days

While I haven't heard from most of you in a while so I guess that it is time that I wrote some thing to remind you that I am here;) The days here have been quite full with either visiting or doing necessities or doing some fun things together. Wednesday was mostly a day around here with some visiting/making new aquaintances and in the evening Bible class and prayer meeting.
Thursday the Archers were able to go and pick up their long term visas that they have been working toward and waiting for the three months that they have been here this year. Now they can legally come and go in the country until 2013. after completing that we were also able to do a little bit of sight seeing (probably all that we will do while Dad is here). We left the apartment around 9:30 and headed to the city of Deva, the capital of the Hunedoara region, to go to the police station to get the visas. The first stop that we made was the biggest grocery store that is in the whole area which really was amazing since there were several times that I could've thought that we were in a Walmart (except for when we used the bathrooms and none of the stalls had toilette paper). Then after a quick stop at the station we were off to the pizza shop (you will have to ask Dad what he thought of Romanian pizza when you see him). After which we spent some time walking or driving around the city looking for various things that were needed (some of them found and others seemingly not available in the whole country;) I was one of the ones that walked and after gettting ourselves nice and hot we decided to cool down by going to a big stone structure that partly stays cool even on the hottest days, the castle. Now those of you who were on my mailing list last year will remember the castle since Susan, Curtiss and I went there three days in a row either trying to or attending various activities, well yesterday they again were having special days there (I think that we have a knack for going at such a time) and this time something actually happened, probably because we weren't trying to attend it:). The reenactors were back and they did some some period dancing (that I couldn't livened up a bit:) and some sword or axe fighting. I guess that their acting was mostly made up of the guys insulting each other until they would settle their differences in a duel with a couple of dances done in between. I thought it was most entertaining. And then when the knight and ladies were done they had a couple of mimes that put on a show that we saw only a part of so I didn't get everything that they were doing. By the time that they were done most of the castle was closing up and since we had had a long day we decided that it was time to head back. We finished the night off with supper and then some ice cream;).
Today we had a "breakfast" engagment at the Simions (one of the couples that I met last year) and we had a wonderful time with them. I made it out without stuffing myself to such a degree of discomfort, which I am really thankful for. Here is a tip for any one that comes here, chew VERY slowly so that whenever they look at you your mouth is busy chewing and you still have food on your plate other wise they will tell you to take more or they might just put more food on your plate, it also helps if you are a girl;) Mr. John told me that I should eat alot so that when I go home I will be "unrecognizable" and all of you will see how well I lived while I was gone.
We then went to do some shopping for a picnic, that Dad and I don't know anything about, that is happening on Saturday night. Then after coming back Curtiss, Dad and I went and visited with Rahela and her family and I showed them the pictures that I brought with me since they wanted to know what you all looked like and now Dad is out with Curtiss and Mr. Archer fixing the latch on Sora Ergi's gate, Mrs. Archer is preparing some food for tomorrow's picnic and I am reminding you all of my existance:) I think that that brings you all up to speed on the Romanian world, now it is time for me to say Noaptea Buna or Goodnight

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Well it sound like your keeping busy. You won't have a chance to get homesick with that kind of schedule.

Rachel said...

Hey!!! Wow...sounds...ummm...hectic...I would definitely need an iced coffee...and I hope that by the time you do get home you're not too unrecongnizable!!!! lol

Anonymous said...

wow i see..:)you have verry busy time here in romania:))


rachel>:D<