Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hello from Romania!

Hi everyone we made it safely and in not toooo bad of condition;) We flew out of Dulles at about 5:30 on Thursday and after eating, drinking, sleeping (a little) and watching a couple of movies(Penelope, some of 27 dresses and enough of Horton hears a who to know that I was right when I thought that it would annoy me) we landed in Munich Germany. O before I forget I have to tell you some thing that happened while we were in Dulles. We got on one of the transport buses where they take you from where we went through customs to where our gate was and who walked in but Cuba Gooding Jr. No I didn't get a picture but one of the other ladies there did, and then the guy sitting next to us almost knocked him over when the bus went around a corner and his bag fell over on top of Cuba. Any way back to our flight. Munich was the hardest part because we had a 7 hour wait (which is almost as long as it took us to fly across the Atlantic) before our connecting flight left. And after we had gotten up at 5:00 Thursday morning to drive to Washington and then only getting a couple hours of sleep on the plane I was quite tired so waiting and not getting any closer to our destination wasn't fun. I was actually so tired that I was feeling sick but after I laid down the second time and slept a little and felt much better. After we got on the plane we had no trouble and didn't even have to go through customs when we got to Romania because there were no customs officers there! such is life in romania;)
well I have to go now Curtiss and I are going to go out and see if there are any kids around to talk to. Just know that since I have been here I have seen every one from the church (they were VERY welcomeing) been to a wedding(which I didn't understand a word of except when the couple said "Dah" which means yes) and had a good night sleep:) which was really good! I will try to keep you all updated on what we are doing and remember all the good stories that happen so that you can feel like you are here in a way.

7 comments:

Elise said...

I still can't believe that you didn't get a picture to prove that you really did see such a famous movie actor! And you didn't even ask for his autograph! I am sooooo disappointed!

Anonymous said...

me too! couldn't you have gotten some kind of souvenier-- like maybe a used tissue or something? so is he funny? I am glad nothing bad happened to the bus while you were with him because he is so accident prone! Oh well! We are going to have to send Elise around the world next time, because she would have gotten enough pictures and autographs for all of us to share :) Manuel has begun a collection of pictures and letters that will be awaiting you on your return. okay- I guesse I am done writing, as I have been staring at the screen for 5 minutes. Josh says that is why I do not have a blog!
Bethany

Trina said...

Pardon my ignorance, but Who is Cuba Gooding? I shall ask Jeremy.

The colors on the blog make me think of STRAWBERRIES. :)

I'm glad you made it safely over. Sounds like you are jumping right into things - have fun!

We miss you already. Tell Dad we miss him, too!

We are going to study the Italian prophet in Church this morning - don't you wish you were here? :)

Joanna said...

Trina, Cuba Gooding is a movie actor that played in movies like Snow dogs and Radio. I don't know if you have seen either of them.

Bethany,he seemed very nice, he helped pick the bag up when it fell on him and was very nice when the lady asked him for a picture and he didn't even seem like he expected it or that he had a big head. As to dirty kleenexs he didn't have any that I saw and I wasn't going to ask him if he had one in his bag;) I look forward to getting all of Manuel's letters and pictures!

Anonymous said...

You know after I left my last comment Josh pointed out to me that Cuba did indeed have a bit of bad luck on his bus ride- since luggage did fall on him! Ha! Ha! maybe that is why he was chosen to play in Snow Dogs.

I should go now as it sounds like the natives are restless :)

Bethany

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with Rahela at the computer in her home and I a showing her how to leave a comment

Anonymous said...

now i'm stitting alone at the computer:(( cause you miss:))...bless u


rachel:P